Allison received a bachelor’s degree from Broward College, where she majored in psychology. Broward was where Allison found her passion for social justice and my voice as an advocate. She received her Ph.D. in Counseling Psychology in 2014 from the University of Miami.
Allison has extensive clinical experience in Individual counseling, Parenting, Couple therapy, Anxiety, Depression as well as many other areas.
What I have to offer
Grief & Loss
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Online Therapy?
What are the Benefits of Online Therapy?
- No need to travel anywhere. Sessions can be held wherever you feel comfortable.
- For some people, Online communication is more comfortable.
- Allows people, who traditionally couldn’t leave the house or drive due to having disabilities or chronic illness, to receive psychotherapy service at the comfort of their homes.
- It’s cheaper.
- It provides quality service to people, who live in rural areas, where it’s difficult to travel or where they might not have many counselors with the needed skills.
Is a Marriage Counseling Assessment truly necessary?
When should I go to Couples Therapy?
- You or your partner or both have started to withdraw/detach emotionally
- You don’t know how to communicate with one another.
- The two of you use 4 horsemen of the apocalypse with each other, daily.
- Your fights often escalate out of control.
- Your sex life is non-existent.
- You or your partner is struggling with sexual dysfunction.
- You don’t trust each other.
- You no longer enjoy/spend your time together.
- You no longer feel safe to talk about your problems or feelings with your partner.
- You often fight in front of your kids.
- You read all the relationship books and tried everything else but still feel stuck.
- Or you and your partner have a pretty amazing relationship and want to learn how to maintain it.
What is EFT?
What is Mindfulness?
Miriam R. Davis